This sweet and tangy easy to make, healthy raw vegan treat recipe is adapted from the blueberry ripe recipe in my vegan recipe book.
My cranberry ripes contain cacao which is high in magnesium, utilize refined sugar free natural sweeteners like brown rice syrup and low GI coconut sugar, and of course have cranberries which are rich in free radical fighting antioxidants. These clean living ingredients were provided by the amazing Nutra Organics team and are all raw and organic.
- 1/2 cup of semi-dried cranberries (I bought frozen ones and dehydrated them myself, but you can purchase pre-dried ones)
- 1/4 shredded coconut
- 2tbsp brown rice syrup
For the filling:
- Blend or process the semi-dried cranberries and half of the shredded coconut in a vitamix/food processor until the cranberries have broken down but are still chunky
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the rest of the coconut as well as the brown rice syrup
- Spoon the mixture into a square/rectangular silicon (or baking paper lined) container and place in freezer whilst making chocolate
For the chocolate:
- Add the cacao powder and coconut oil to a bowl and mix together
- Stir in the coconut sugar and briskly mix until smooth
- Remove filling from freezer and cut into pieces of desired size
- Using a butter or dinner knife, spread the chocolate evenly over the cranberry filling and place in the freezer for at least an hour (or until the chocolate has hardened)
- Allow to soften for ten minutes in the refrigerator just before serving and enjoy!